Jeff and Darlene Anderson
The missional roots of our faith were sown in Middle East/North Africa (MENA). This is a region of the world that most of us are relatively unfamiliar with. What we do know often comes from frequent news headlines reporting on political unrest, human suffering, religious persecution and war. In 2017 The Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC) identified another mission region, MENA, to actively participate more fully in extending the whole gospel to the whole world. Through ministries of mission, relief and development we expect to see more disciples in a more caring and just world.
As God was preparing the Covenant Church to be intentional about mission in MENA he was also preparing us to partner with this work. Jeff served the Covenant Church in Canada since 1990 in pastoral ministry as well as Conference Superintendent from 1997-2017. Darlene is a registered nurse with a passion for the church and her Christian faith. She has a degree in counselling and is completing a spiritual direction program.
Please consider partnering with us to support MENA ministries. For more information or to receive regular updates on MENA please phone or email us.
CONNECT with Jeff and Darlene
PARTNER with Jeff and Darlene
Giving in Canada:
- Give by Cheque: Payable to ECCC, include 'Global-MENA' in memo. Mail to Evangelical Covenant Church of Canada, PO Box 23117, RPO McGillivray, MB R3T 5S3
- Give by e-transfer: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'Global-MENA' in message.
- Give through CanadaHelps: Click here and select the 'Global-Middle East/North Africa' fund.
Giving in the USA:
- Give by Cheque: Payable to ECC, include 'MENA - Leadership' in memo. Mail to Evangelical Covenant Church, 8303 West Higgins Rd, Chicago, IL 60631
- Give Online or with EFT: Click here.
The MENA Team (L to R): Andy Larsen, Darlene Anderson, Jeff Anderson, Nany Jo Hoover
The MENA ministry focus areas:
- Refugee Ministries
- Religious Persecution
- Peace and Reconciliation
- Muslim Engagement
Three primary areas of responsibilities:
- Develop partnerships with ministries in the MENA region.
- Develop partnerships with Covenant churches and individuals including prayer, awareness/advocacy, engagement and financial support.
- Develop the MENA staff team and common vision for ministry to and with the MENA region.