Ministry: Discipleship, Evangelism and Outreach, Community Development
Home Church: Evangelical Covenant Church of Nelson (Nelson, BC)
I am Colleen Nahnychuk from British Columbia, Canada. I am a New Missionary with Serve Globally (ECC’s Mission Priority) and will be serving in Argentina. Originally, my husband Max and I were called, individually yet at the same time, to missions in the middle of Patagonia, Argentina and we embarked on this journey together. However, in September 2017 this changed when Max passed away. The months that have followed have been the most difficult of my life, but God has confirmed for me His calling on my life. I remain completely surrendered to His will and through my grieving and healing process am seeking to faithfully follow where the Lord leads.
I will be partnering with the Iglesia del Pacto Evangélico Argentina, which consists of several Covenant Churches. I am committed to serve there “to join in God’s mission to make more disciples among more populations in a more caring and just world.” Each church has its own outreach and community development projects. I eagerly look forward to walking alongside the Argentine Conference and Churches in the areas of Developing Leaders, Make and Deepen Disciples and Church Vitality.
The primary backdrop of the mission, will be working under the direction of the President of the IPEA utilizing the Covenant’s Pathway to Vitality, available in both Spanish and English, as well as other ECC materials from the US and other Latin America countries. I will be serving as support for the pastors by assisting with developing stronger congregations through leader development and discipleship training.
Secondly, every one of the six churches has their own specific ministry in which I have been asked to serve. This represents a full range of opportunities including:
- evangelism in hospitals, care facilities, schools and in the street
- children's ministry
- outreach to victims of drug, alcohol and domestic abuse (AVA)
- community development
- griculture development
- church planting
- and of course there's always some sort of construction
Together with Serve Globally and IPEA, we are discerning what ministry will look like. Currently, I will be the only Covenant Missionary in the Southern Cone.
Thirdly, I will be forwarding information to Serve Globally and Merge about how they can come along side the churches to serve them in the most holistic and practical way possible.
Finally, I have a vision of hosting any individual, couple or family that wants to join me in service and cultural immersion in Argentina.
CONNECT with Colleen
PARTNER with Colleen
Prayer: Click here to sign up.
Giving in Canada:
- Give by Cheque: Payable to ECCC, include 'Global-Argentina' in memo. Mail to Evangelical Covenant Church of Canada, PO Box 23117, RPO McGillivray, MB R3T 5S3
- Give by e-transfer: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'Global-Argentina' in message.
- Give through CanadaHelps: Click here and select the 'Global-Argentina' fund.
Giving in the USA:
- Give by Cheque: Payable to ECC, include 'Max and Colleen Support' in memo. Mail to Evangelical Covenant Church, 8303 West Higgins Rd, Chicago, IL 60631
- Give Online or with EFT: Visit covchurch.org/mission/cnahnychuk